THIS PROMISSORY NOTE (THIS “NOTE”) HAS NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “SECURITIES ACT”). THIS NOTE HAS BEEN ACQUIRED FOR INVESTMENT ONLY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD, TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED IN THE ABSENCE OF REGISTRATION OF THE RESALE THEREOF UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL REASONABLY SATISFACTORY IN FORM, SCOPE AND SUBSTANCE TO THE COMPANY THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.
NEXTGEN ACQUISITION CORP. II
|Principal Amount: Not to Exceed U.S.$1,500,000.00||Dated as of August 12, 2021|
(See Schedule A)
FOR VALUE RECEIVED and subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, NextGen Acquisition Corp. II, a Cayman Islands exempted company (the “Maker”), promises to pay to NextGen Sponsor II LLC, a Cayman Islands limited liability company (the “Payee”), or order, the principal balance as set forth on Schedule A hereto in lawful money of the United States of America; which schedule shall be updated from time to time by the parties hereto to reflect all advances and readvances outstanding under this Note; provided that at no time shall the aggregate of all advances and readvances outstanding under this Note exceed one million five hundred thousand U.S. Dollars (U.S.$1,500,000.00). Any advance hereunder shall be made by the Payee upon a request of the Maker and shall be set forth on Schedule A; which Schedule A reflects outstanding advances made by the Payee on behalf of the Maker as of the date hereof. All payments on this Note shall be made by check or wire transfer of immediately available funds or as otherwise determined by the Maker to such account as the Payee may from time to time designate by written notice in accordance with the provisions of this Note.
1. Principal. All unpaid principal under this Note shall be due and payable in full on the earlier of (i) March 25, 2023 and (ii) the effective date of a merger, amalgamation, share exchange, asset acquisition, share purchase, reorganization or similar business combination, involving the Maker and one or more businesses or entities (such earlier date, the “Maturity Date”), unless accelerated upon the occurrence of an Event of Default (as defined below). Any outstanding principal amount to date under this Note may be prepaid at any time by the Maker, at its election and without penalty. Under no circumstances shall any individual, including but not limited to any officer, director, employee or shareholder of Maker, be obligated personally for any obligations or liabilities of Maker hereunder.
2. Interest. No interest shall accrue on the unpaid principal balance of this Note.
3. Application of Payments. All payments shall be applied first to payment in full of any costs incurred in the collection of any sum due under this Note, including (without limitation) reasonable attorney’s fees, then to the payment in full of any late charges and finally to the reduction of the unpaid principal balance of this Note.
4. Events of Default. The occurrence of any of the following shall constitute an event of default (“Event of Default”):
(a) Failure to Make Required Payments. Failure by the Maker to pay the principal amount due pursuant to this Note within five (5) business days of the date specified in Section 1 above.
(b) Voluntary Bankruptcy, Etc. The commencement by the Maker of a voluntary case under any applicable bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, rehabilitation or other similar law, or the consent by it to the appointment of or taking possession by a receiver, liquidator, assignee, trustee, custodian, sequestrator (or other similar official) of the Maker or for any substantial part of its property, or the making by it of any assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the failure of the Maker generally to pay its debts as such debts become due, or the taking of corporate action by the Maker in furtherance of any of the foregoing.
(c) Involuntary Bankruptcy, Etc. The entry of a decree or order for relief by a court having jurisdiction in the premises in respect of the Maker in an involuntary case under any applicable bankruptcy, insolvency or other similar law, or appointing a receiver, liquidator, assignee, custodian, trustee, sequestrator (or similar official) of the Maker or for any substantial part of its property, or ordering the winding-up or liquidation of its affairs, and the continuance of any such decree or order unstayed and in effect for a period of sixty (60) consecutive days.
(a) Upon the occurrence of an Event of Default specified in Section 4(a) hereof, the Payee may, by written notice to the Maker, declare this Note to be due immediately and payable, whereupon the unpaid principal amount of this Note, and all other amounts payable thereunder, shall become immediately due and payable without presentment, demand, protest or other notice of any kind, all of which are hereby expressly waived, anything contained herein or in the documents evidencing the same to the contrary notwithstanding.
(b) Upon the occurrence of an Event of Default specified in Sections 4(b) or 4(c), the unpaid principal balance of this Note, and all other sums payable with regard to this Note, shall automatically and immediately become due and payable, in all cases without any action on the part of the Payee.
6. Waivers. The Maker and all endorsers and guarantors of, and sureties for, this Note waive presentment for payment, demand, notice of dishonor, protest, and notice of protest with regard to the Note, all errors, defects and imperfections in any proceedings instituted by the Payee under the terms of this Note, and all benefits that might accrue to the Maker by virtue of any present or future laws exempting any property, real or personal, or any part of the proceeds arising from any sale of any such property, from attachment, levy or sale under execution, or providing for any stay of execution, exemption from civil process, or extension of time for payment; and the Maker agrees that any real estate that may be levied upon pursuant to a judgment obtained by virtue hereof, on any writ of execution issued hereon, may be sold upon any such writ in whole or in part in any order desired by the Payee.
7. Unconditional Liability. The Maker hereby waives all notices in connection with the delivery, acceptance, performance, default, or enforcement of the payment of this Note, and agrees that its liability shall be unconditional, without regard to the liability of any other party, and shall not be affected in any manner by any indulgence, extension of time, renewal, waiver or modification granted or consented to by the Payee, and consents to any and all extensions of time, renewals, waivers, or modifications that may be granted by the Payee with respect to the payment or other provisions of this Note, and agrees that additional makers, endorsers, guarantors, or sureties may become parties hereto without notice to the Maker or affecting the Maker’s liability hereunder.
8. Notices. All notices, statements or other documents which are required or contemplated by this Note shall be: (i) in writing and delivered personally or sent by first class registered or certified mail, overnight courier service or electronic transmission, or (ii) by electronic mail, in each case, to the address or electronic mail address (as applicable) most recently provided to such party or such other address or electronic mail address (as applicable) as may be specified in writing by such party. Any notice or other communication so transmitted shall be deemed to have been given on the day of delivery, if delivered personally, on the business day following receipt of written confirmation, if sent by electronic transmission, one (1) business day after delivery to an overnight courier service or five (5) days after mailing if sent by registered mail.
9. Construction. THIS NOTE SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF NEW YORK APPLICABLE TO CONTRACTS MADE AND TO BE PERFORMED WITHIN THE STATE OF NEW YORK.
10. Severability. Any provision contained in this Note which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction shall, as to such jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof, and any such prohibition or unenforceability in any jurisdiction shall not invalidate or render unenforceable such provision in any other jurisdiction.
11. Trust Waiver. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the Payee hereby waives any and all right, title, interest or claim of any kind (“Claim”) in or to any distribution of or from the trust account established in which proceeds of the Maker’s initial public offering of its securities (the “IPO”) (including the deferred underwriters discounts and commissions) and proceeds of the sale of the warrants issued by the Maker in a private placement that occurred in connection with the IPO were deposited, as described in greater detail in the registration statement and prospectus filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with the IPO on March 25, 2021, and hereby agrees not to seek recourse, reimbursement, payment or satisfaction for any Claim against the trust account for any reason whatsoever.
12. Amendment; Waiver. Any amendment hereto or waiver of any provision hereof may be made with, and only with, the written consent of the Maker and the Payee.
13. Successors and Assigns. Subject to Section 14 below, the rights and obligations of the Maker and the Payee hereunder shall be binding upon and benefit the successors, assigns, heirs, administrators and transferees of any party hereto (by operation of law or otherwise) with the prior written consent of the other party hereto and any attempted assignment without the required consent shall be void.
14. Transfer of this Note. No assignment or transfer of this Note or any rights or obligations hereunder may be made by any party hereto (by operation of law or otherwise) without the prior written consent of the other party hereto and any attempted assignment without the required consent shall be void.
15. Acknowledgment. The Maker acknowledges that there is no amount outstanding under this Note as of the date hereof.
[Signature Page Follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Maker, intending to be legally bound hereby, has caused this Note to be duly executed by the undersigned as of the day and year first above written.
|NEXTGEN ACQUISITION CORP. II|
|By:||/s/ Patrick T. Ford|
|Name:||Patrick T. Ford|
|Title:||Chief Financial Officer and Secretary|
|Acknowledged and agreed as of the day and year first above written.|
NEXTGEN SPONSOR II LLC
/s/ George N. Mattson
|Name:||George N. Mattson|
|Title:||Manager and President|
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Note to which this schedule is attached to, the principal balance due under the Note shall be set forth in the table below and shall be updated from time to time to reflect all advances and readvances outstanding under the Note.
|Interest Earned||Principal Balance|